database without installation again

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Feb 27 18:51:57 EST 2007

"andrew_s" <andrzej.s at gazeta.pl> writes:

> I'm looking for any database which I could use without need of
> instalation.

Python 2.5 comes with SQLite built in. SQLite allows database
interaction without a corresponding server; all the code is in the
client, in this case provided in the Python standard library.

    <URL:http://docs.python.org/lib/module-sqlite3.html>

Previous versions of Python have standard library support for DBM
files, a non-relational, key-value system for storing data in local
files.

    <URL:http://docs.python.org/lib/module-anydbm.html>
    <URL:http://docs.python.org/lib/module-gdbm.html>

> Any ideas? Maybe is it possible to "install" by myself something
> like SQLite or MySQLdb in my cgi-bin directory?

If you can set your PYTHONPATH environment variable to point to a
directory under your control, you can install Python packages and
modules in that directory.

    <URL:http://docs.python.org/inst/search-path.html>

--
 \       "I met my girlfriend in Macy's; she was buying clothes, and I |
  `\        was putting Slinkies on the escalators."  -- Steven Wright |