Jython / Java / C / C++ interoperability

Charity charitylynn at charitylynn.net
Mon Feb 12 12:57:48 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have a code base primarily written in Java.  I would like to use
Jython to "use" this code base.  Everything is wonderful because
Jython calls Java easily.

However, there may be a time when I would like to call C/C++ from
Jython.  I can't do this directly, can I?   Would I have to wrap the C/
C++ in Java to access from Jython?  Or call Python which will call the
C/C++?

What method would be the easiest and most elegant solution for gaining
access to C/C++ functionality from Jython?  Please keep in mind that I
have very little Jython experience.

Much thanks for any information!

Have a great day!

Charity