when will python 2.5 take in mainstream?

Paul Rubin http
Thu Feb 22 13:03:18 EST 2007

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:
> I think it should be possible to specify a Python API that then future
> versions can guarantee. This would be a subset of what you can currently
> do on the Python API, in particular, access to the structure layout of
> Python objects would not be available.

An FFI like this is a reasonable idea, but it shouldn't look anything
like the current C API.  It should be more like a Lisp FFI, or the
Java Native Interface.  There might have to be a wrapper layer to get
it to work with CPython.