star_new_thread

worlman385 at yahoo.com worlman385 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 12 17:54:48 EST 2007

please take a look at my code (short version)
http://chiu424.hypermart.net/code5.py.txt

I write a instant messaging app over bluetooth

My code will send / receive data from a bluetooth socket (same concept
TCP socket) at the same time

The code has infinite loop poll for and send data to the socket

but I want to have 2nd thread taking user input text and send to the
socket

I used
thread.start_new_thread

but the code hangs forever

here is the code with only signle thread (send / receive) data at same
time working OK - it can send text + receive text from socket

http://chiu424.hypermart.net/code5f.py.txt (full version) - works OK

after change the code to use - thread.start_new_thread, the code hangs
forever at the begin of while loop and never execute
self.timer.after(3, self.timeout_h)

http://chiu424.hypermart.net/code5e.py.txt (full version) - hangs

Thank you