gmpy moving to code.google.com

Alex Martelli aleax at mac.com
Mon Feb 26 01:23:42 EST 2007

If you're interested in gmpy (the Python wrapper of GMP, for
unlimited-precision arithmetic, rationals, random number generation,
number-theoretical functions, etc), please DO check out
http://code.google.com/p/gmpy/ -- gmpy 1.02 is there (as far as I can
tell) in a workable state.  Source on Subversion (and a prerelease
zipfile too), downloadable binaries for MacOSX (download and read the
README file first!) and Windows (for Python 2.4 and 2.5 only, built and
minimally tested on a shaky Win2K+mingw -- on -- Parallels/MacOSX
setup... I have no other Windows machine to check 'em out...!).

Please help me check that the move-and-upgrade went OK -- download some
or all of the pieces (including an svn checkout of the sources), build,
install, test, try it out.  I will HEARTILY welcome feedback (mail
aleaxit at gmail.com) telling me what worked and/or what didn't so I can
finalize this release -- and hopefully move on to a future 1.03 (I won't
aim to 1.03 until I'm convinced that 1.02 is OK...).

Thanks in advance,

Alex