Possible to set cpython heap size?

Tony Nelson *firstname*nlsnews at georgea*lastname*.com
Fri Feb 23 22:18:44 EST 2007

In article <1172172532.503432.223650 at v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>,
 "Andy Watson" <aldcwatson at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I could have a heap that is larger and does not need to be
> dynamically extended, then the Python GC could work more efficiently.

GC!  If you're allocating lots of objects and holding on to them, GC
will run frequently, but won't find anything to free.  Maybe you want to
turn off GC, at least some of the time?  See the GC module, esp.
set_threshold().

Note that the cyclic GC is only really a sort of safety net for
reference loops, as normally objects are free'd when their last
reference is lost.