win32com.client

rzed rzantow at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 00:09:41 EST 2007

"vithi" <vithi99 at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:1170379682.386807.99880 at a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Hi,
> I use python for window. If you are saying win32com in part of
the
> python then you are wrong.

That is not what I or anyone else is saying. What we have said,
perhaps not in words you understand, is this:

1) In your browser, enter this URL:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

2) When the page comes up, find the big green box that says
"Download Python for Windows extensions" and click on it

3) In the next page that comes up, find the big green box that
says "Download" and click on that. That will bring up a page with
a list of installers, each with a name that indicates what Python
release the module goes with. If you have the 2.4 release, for
instance, click on pywin32-210.win32-py2.4.exe to download the
matching pywin32 installer.

4) When you have downloaded the installer, click on it in your
Windows Explorer. This will execute the installer, and the entire
pywin32 package will be installed, including win32com.

Try those steps, then try importing win32com again.

--
rzed