Python does not play well with others

Paul Rubin http
Mon Feb 5 17:11:23 EST 2007

"Graham Dumpleton" <grahamd at dscpl.com.au> writes:
> No such limitation exists with mod_python as it does all the
> interpreter creation and management at the Python C API level. The one
> interpreter per process limitation is only when using the standard
> 'python' runtime executable and you are doing everything in Python code.

Oh cool, I thought CPython used global and/or static variables or had
other obstacles to supporting multiple interpreters.  Is there a
separate memory pool for each interpreter when you have multiple ones?
So each one has its own copies of 0,1,2,None,..., etc?  How big is the
memory footprint per interpreter?  I guess there's no way to timeshare
(i.e. with microthreads) between interpreters but that's o.k.