ez_setup.py

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Mon Feb 26 11:36:26 EST 2007

Nader Emami wrote:
> Tim Golden wrote:

>>> I have a Linux and I don't have any PYTHONPTH variable, because if I
>>> run the next command it returns nothig:
>>>
>>> %env | grep -i pythonpath or
>>> %env | grep -i python
>>
>> I'm no expert here, but I believe that Linux is
>> case-sensitive, so you'd need to do:
>>
>> env | grep PYTHONPATH
>>
>> TJG
> 'grep' with 'i' option can catch both of them. I have done with capital
> letters also and the answer stays the same:
> %env | grep PYTHONPATH of %env | grep PTYTHON

OK. Keep copying to the list, please. As I said, I'm not
a *nix person (and I'm running here on Windows) so you'll
get a more informed and wider audience from c.l.py.

If there's no PYTHONPATH that means it's just down to
your system setup what goes on the path. Try (from
within the python interpreter):

<code>
import sys
for i in sys.path: