Ubunu - Linux - Unicode - encoding

Alan Franzoni alan.franzoni_invalid at geemail.invalid
Thu Feb 1 18:12:45 EST 2007

Il Thu, 01 Feb 2007 20:57:53 +0100, Franz Steinhäusler ha scritto:

> If I copy files with german umlauts (äöü and strong 's' ß), these
> filenames are not copied properly, and that characters are replaces
> by little square symbols.

Yes... I, myself, am italian, and I found no problem in using accented
letter (òèàìù). Since you say there's a problem as well in Nautilus and
other Ubuntu software, I suppose there's something wrong with your linux
setup, not with Python.

Or, at least: you should try solving that problem first, then check what
happens with python.

Try appending this options in your fstab as hda1 mount options:

iocharset=iso8859-15

unmount & remount and check what does happen.

--
Alan Franzoni <alan.franzoni.xyz at gmail.com>
-