can't find a way to display and print pdf through python.

Jussi Salmela tiedon_jano at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 13 13:13:59 EST 2007

Dennis Lee Bieber kirjoitti:
> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:44:18 GMT, Jussi Salmela
> <tiedon_jano at hotmail.com> declaimed the following in comp.lang.python:
>

>> On Windows, this (where fileName is xyz.PDF, for example):
>> 	webbrowser.open(r'file://' + fileName)
>> starts Acrobat Reader with the document read in. I have no idea why,
>> because Acrobat Reader sure ain't my browser;)
>>
> 	Most likely Adobe installed the Acrobat plug-in for the browser...
> The browser identifies the file as PDF and passes it to the plug-in for
> rendering.

I can read PDFs with the browser if I open them in there.

But as I was trying to tell the line above starts the Acrobat Reader EXE
in its own window. The mechanism is probably caused by something I must
have done/installed, but I don't know what.

Anyway: it works just as I want although this may not be the general
behaviour.

(OS: Win XP SP2, Python 2.4.3)

Cheers,
Jussi