book for a starter

Sriram sriram.sundararajan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 14:08:46 EST 2007

Hi,

If you have experience programming, just read the online tutorial at
http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html

I find Python Essential Reference (3rd Edition) (Developer's Library)
(Paperback) invaluable though. BTW I have the 2nd edition.
Amazon link :
http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A9N9B1L0O4BYJ/ref=cm_blog_dp_pdp/002-7062034-2980840