numpy, numarray, or numeric?

Wensui Liu liuwensui at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 23:33:27 EST 2007

I have the same doubt when I started using DataFrame class by Andrew
Straw. When I used his code as it is, it didn't work because python
can't find numeric module. But after I made a small change by 'import
numpy' to his code, everything seems to work now.

To me, it seems numpy works as same as numeric. HTH.

On 2/15/07, Christian Convey <christian.convey at gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to bang out an image processing library (it's schoolwork, so I
> can't just use an existing one).  But I see three libraries competing
> for my love: numpy, numarray, and numeric.
>
> Can anyone recommend which one I should use?  If one is considered the
> officially blessed one going forward, that would be my ideal.
>
> Thanks,
> Christian
> --

WenSui Liu
A lousy statistician who happens to know a little programming
(http://spaces.msn.com/statcompute/blog)