pyHook or SetWindowsHookEx

abcd codecraig at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 09:01:16 EST 2007

I am having trouble with pyHook on python 2.4.1.  Basically I have a
python app that uses pyHook to capture keyboard events and write them
straight to a file.  The application is running as a service on a
windows machine.  If I am at that windows machine the application
works just fine, logging my keystrokes.  However, if I use Remote
Desktop to connect to the machine and open up say Notepad it doesn't
capture the keystrokes.  Is this a problem with pyHook?  or is it he
way Windows handles the events?

Is there a way to setup my own hook without pyHook using just python?
i think the function I am interested in is SetWindowsHookEx.

Thanks in advance.