jython import search path

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Fri Feb 23 08:39:01 EST 2007

> Accepted strategy? It doesn't seem very portable. It assumes that
> everyone puts their library
> modules in the exact same place. Or do they just figure that changing
> the sys.path.append
> line is easy enough?

Portability has nothing to do with it. If you arrange your project in a way
that these paths can be figured out at runtime, it's fine.

If not, you might need some installation routine that will figure them out
when installing the software, hard-coding such paths in some way (as
parameter lists or whatsoever)

>> java -Dpython.path=<whatever>
>
> I'm not using Java at all. I just want to generate Java bytecode for
> purposes of code analysis
> by existing tools.

If you are using jython, you are using java.

Diez