Pep 3105: the end of print?

Edward K Ream edreamleo at charter.net
Fri Feb 16 07:47:38 EST 2007

> There is also the 2to3 converter. The aim is that this will be
effective enough that coders should be able to maintain a 2.X (2.6 ?)
codebase, run it through 2to3 and have the result run unchanged on
Python 3. That way there will be no need to maintain two code bases.

I have offered a proof that the converter must change print to print2 (or
some other name) in order to maintain a common code base.  How much clearer
can I be?  If a common code base is desired, it *is* the end of print

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edreamleo at charter.net