Choices: scipy, matplot ...

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Mon Feb 19 06:43:37 EST 2007

On Feb 19, 11:34 am, "dug" <m... at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I would like to do some real time signal processing with a graphical
> display and I would like your advice as to what I should use.  I would
> like to be able to view the results and to change parameters of some
> signal processing in 'real time'. Data is coming quite slowly in every
> 1-5 seconds and will consist of (x,y,t).
>
> I have been thinking about SciPy or matplot, but am not restricting
> myself to these (or even Python).

You will need:

- Python 25
- NumPy
- SciPy (possibly)
- Matplotlib (for graphing)
- PyGTK or wxPython (for the rest of the GUI)

Finally you need something to make Python talk to your hardware. Pick
one of the following, dependent on your need and skills:

- ctypes
- pyrex
- inlined C with scipy.weave
- autogenerated wrappers with swig
- hand-written Python extension in C
- hand-written Python extension in C++ (CXX or Boost.Python)