'File name' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program

Roger A. Wehage rawehage at insightbb.com
Mon Feb 12 18:07:09 EST 2007

Here it is-nearly four and a half years since Mike Henley posted 'File name'
is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program-and
the problem still persists. Some weeks ago I installed ActiveState 8.3.5.0
on Windows XP and many things stopped working. Like Mike, I struggled to
find the cause until I ran across his post:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2002-September/165998.html
And, as Mike suggested, I moved the ".tcl" extension from User variables to
System variables, and everyone seems to be happy. :o)