Copy a module build to another machine

bg_ie at yahoo.com bg_ie at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 09:01:49 EST 2007

Hi,

I have downloaded the source for PyXML-0.8.4, which has no binaries
available for Python 2.5. Therefore I built it myself doing something
like this -

python2.5 setup.py build
python2.5 setup.py install

having installed cygwin (with gcc). Now lets say I'd like to install
PyXML-0.8.4 on a number of other machines running the same os, what
files would I need to copy, and to where, in order to install PyXML
with just the line -

python2.5 setup.py install

In other words, I don't want to have to install cygwin on all these
machines and build for each machine. Instead I want to create a simple
install.

Thanks for your help,

Barry.