Create a cookie with cookielib

Matthew Franz mdfranz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 14:09:32 EST 2007

I'm not sure what you mean be forge, but if you mean set an arbitrary
cookie manually (vs. one that was provided by the server).  just use
add_header() in http://docs.python.org/lib/request-objects.html

It may be possible to use CookieJar for this purpose but I've only
used it for manipulating cookies set by the server...

And  I would agree that Python cookie APIs are less intuitive than
what are available in others such as Jakarta HttpClient....

- mdf

On 2/3/07, Alessandro Fachin <Alessandro.Fachin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, i am trying to forge a new cookie by own with cookielib. But i don't
> still have success. This a simply code:
>
> import cookielib, urllib, urllib2
> login = 'Ia am a cookie!'
> cookiejar = cookielib.CookieJar()
> urlOpener = urllib2.build_opener(urllib2.HTTPCookieProcessor(cookiejar))
> values = {'user':login}
> data = urllib.urlencode(values)
> request = urllib2.Request("http://localhost/cookie.php", data)
> url = urlOpener.open(request)
> print url.info()
> page = url.read(500000)
> print page
> print cookiejar
>
> the output of this is:
>
> Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 10:20:05 GMT
> Server: Apache
>
> Array
> (
> )
> <cookielib.CookieJar[<Cookie user=Alex+Porter for localhost.local/>]>
>
> And here is the code of cookie.php that i've create for this example:
>
> <?php
> setcookie("user", "Alex Porter", time()+3600);
> ?>
> <?php
> // Print a cookie
> echo $_COOKIE["user"];