pygame and python 2.5

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Feb 11 00:03:08 EST 2007

    >> However, the difference between the open-source people and Microsoft
    >> is the the open-source people aren't being paid by you for the use of
    >> their product, so they're not obligated in any way to help you.

    mensanator> This argument has become tiresome. The Python community
    mensanator> wants Python to be a big fish in the big pond. That's why
    mensanator> they make Windows binaries available.

I suspect the main reason Windows binaries are produced is because a)
Microsoft doesn't ship Python installed on Windows, and b) your garden
variety Windows user doesn't have the tools necessary to build Python from
source.  Not being a Windows user myself I don't understand all the ins and
outs of VC6 v. VC7, legal or technical.  Is there nothing Microsoft could
have done to make VC7 compatible with the existing VC6-based build
procedure?

Skip