Reg Google Web Toolkit and Python

Adonis Vargas adonis at REMOVETHISearthlink.net
Fri Feb 16 14:15:32 EST 2007

Shadab Sayani wrote:
> Hi ,
> We have a project where I need to read files store
> them in database in the backend.We have done this in
> python.Now we decided to use Ajax technique for user
> interface.For that we found that GWT is one of the
> best toolkits.Now I got a doubt can I interface GWT
> with python.
> Thanks ,
> Shadab.

I have not gone into much detail with GWT (you can look into the Python
rendition of GWT called PyJamas), but it should be talking to a web
server with the use of XMLHTTPRequest. So this should the case, then you
can simply access your resources dynamically.

e.g.

web server: http://example.com/
resource: http://example.com/someJSONFormattedData

An AJAX application with its XMLHTTPRequest it will perform an HTTP GET
on /someJSONFormattedData, which depending on your web application
server could either be static or dynamic data. Then upon reception of
the data, simply parse it and update a section or sections of your AJAX
application (unless GWT has mechanisms to handle such things for you).

Hope this helps.

Adonis