How to suppress "DeprecationWarning: Old style callback, use cb_func(ok, store) instead"

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Feb 5 17:03:51 EST 2007

En Sat, 03 Feb 2007 07:35:22 -0300, Peter Otten <__peter__ at web.de>
escribió:

> Gabriel Genellina wrote:
>
>> En Sat, 03 Feb 2007 06:12:33 -0300, Peter Otten <__peter__ at web.de>
>> escribió:
>>
>>> John Nagle wrote:
>>>
>>> import warnings
>>> warnings.filterwarnings("ignore", message="Old style callback, use
>>> cb_func(ok, store) instead")
>>
>> Or you can be more aggressive and filter out all DeprecationWarnings:
>> warnings.simplefilter("ignore",DeprecationWarning)
>> (same as using option -Wignore::DeprecationWarning on the python command
>> line)
>
> The latter might be interesting for a cgi. I didn't mention it because I
> didn't get it to work with my test case (importing sre) and Python's cgi
> server. Trying again, I found that you must not quote the -W argument.
>
> #!/usr/local/bin/python2.5 -Wignore:The sre module is deprecated, please
> import re.
>
>> From that follows that you can pass at most one commandline arg.
> If you are using
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python2.5
>
> python2.5 will be that single argument and no options are possible at
> all.
> What might be the reasons for such a seemingly arbitrary limitation?

The shell parses that line, not Python, so you should look into its
documentation.

If one needs to disable the warning for all scripts, putting a call to
warnings.simplefilter on sitecustomize.py would help (of course, if one is
allowed to edit that file).

--
Gabriel Genellina