Distributing Python Applications

Finger.Octopus at gmail.com Finger.Octopus at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 07:21:29 EST 2007

Hello,

It has been such a painful thing for me. As I made a program to
encrypt files, now I want to distribute that program over other
computers. I created .EXE file with py2exe but the "dist" folder makes
around 2 mb and it restricts for the python DLL to be within the same
folder. Is there any easy way to get this thing done in just one exe
file? I mean if I do interfacing with C/C++ will it work for me and if
I do interfacing with C/C++ will it be necessary on the other computer
to have python installed on it?

Thanks in advance...