Re-installing Numeric and PIL Files

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 22:41:33 EST 2007

W. Watson wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>> W. Watson wrote:
>>> For some reason Python 2.2.4 cannot find the Numeric module. It's been
>>> suggested that I should re-install the Numeric file. How do that? Also the
>>> PIL. The three install files are:
>>> python-2.4.4.msi
>>> PIL-1.1.5.win32-py2.4.exe
>>> Numeric-24.2.win32-py2.4.exe
>> The latter two are executable installers. Run them.
>>
> I have re-run Numeric. The python program still cannot detect the Numeric
> module.

Well, check to make sure that the Python executable is the one that you think it
is. You can look at sys.executable to find the actual .exe of the running Python
interpreter. With Python 2.4.4 and a standard installation, it should be
c:\Python24\python.exe I believe. Then check to make sure that Numeric and PIL
are actually installed in c:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\ .

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco