Calling J from Python

Paddy paddy3118 at netscape.net
Mon Feb 5 23:55:17 EST 2007

On Feb 5, 2:48 pm, "Gosi" <gos... at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is quite easy to call J from Python
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/J-Programming/browse_thread/thread/5e8...

Hii Gosi,
>From reading what has gone before, you seem to have got it in the neck
from some pythonistas.
I'd just like to say from some but not all.

It is *A GOOD THING* that Python has bridges to other languages. Some
may not care to program in the other language - which is a separate
concer;. but a link between the language - be it Haskell or befunge or
J, makes Python better in my view. If your expert J programmers have
need for something that is hard to do in J they might now be more
likely to use Python.

We should remember that Python is a great glue language too, and links
to other languages and tools is how we maintain that position.

- Paddy.