'IF' Syntax For Alternative Conditions

rshepard at nospam.appl-ecosys.com rshepard at nospam.appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 7 23:01:38 EST 2007

  All my python books and references I find on the web have simplistic
examples of the IF conditional. A few also provide examples of multiple
conditions that are ANDed; e.g.,
	if cond1:
	    if cond2:
		do_something.

  However, I cannot find, nor create by trial-and-error, the syntax for
alternative conditions that are ORed; e.g.,

	if cond1 OR if cond2:
	    do_something.

  I've tried using the C syntax for OR (||) but python complained. I'm sure
there's a way to do this rather than using if cond1: elif cond2: both with
the same code to execute.

  Please pass me a pointer so I can learn how to correctly write this.

Rich