Undo os.remove

Paul Rubin http
Tue Feb 13 15:49:46 EST 2007

chris.peressotti at gmail.com writes:
> Hi.  I just used os.remove to get rid of some files -- unfortunately,
> I realized afterward that I didn't really want to get rid of them.  It
> isn't life-or-death, here, but is there any way for me to get these
> files back?

Try a websearch for file recovery utilities, nothing to do with Python
especially.  "Directory Snoop" by Kent Briggs is supposedly pretty
good if you run Windoze.

One thing you should do is shut off your computer right away if it's
the same one where you deleted those files.  If the freed disk sectors
get re-used by other files they are unrecoverable, and Windows is
always doing stuff that eats up disk sectors.  Use a different
computer to search for recovery programs.