Newbie Question

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Mon Feb 12 13:42:18 EST 2007

Stef Mientki wrote:

> - in Delphi the GUI design itself is done in a graphical
> environment, making it much easier and faster

RAD possible with Python, too.

> - auto-scaling of components on a form is very easy (so if the
> user changes form size ..)

Just to name one library, wxPython can do this easily.

> - even making everything on a form movable by the
> end-user is just 1 mouse-click
> - using the designers style, or the user style is just 1 click
> - very good feedback, so creating interactive graphs is very easy,
> cross-hair, slopes, region of interest etc.

Those look like parts of the first point.

> - a very huge collection of controls is standard available

Just to name one, wxPython ...

> [...]
> but to be honest ...
> ... I never even tried to write a GUI in Python, ...

You should. There are several widely used libraries available
(Tkinter, wxPython, pyQt, pyGTK, ...), chances are that you like at
least one of them if you try.

Regards,

Björn

--