Calling J from Python

Ant antroy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 05:29:53 EST 2007

On Feb 6, 12:21 am, greg <g... at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> Yes, but with Python you wouldn't have to spend a
> couple of weeks sitting and thinking before starting
> to type that line...

This is a good point often overlooked. You often get these threads on
c.l.python about "How can I do this in one line", usually with some
example of how it is done in only 13 characters in Perl. Yes you may
spend less time typing - but unless you are a true expert in (J, Perl,
other terse language) the time you spend actually working out how to
type it, and in debugging it far outweighs the time you'd spend on all
of that typing in a clean but more verbose language such as Python.