Pep 3105: the end of print?

Fri Feb 16 11:25:58 EST 2007

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:32:56 -0600, Edward K Ream wrote:

>> Even in the Python world, nobody expects to run the same code base under
> C Python and Jython and IronPython and PyPy.
>
> Leo now runs under CPython with both wxWidgets and Tkinter. The gui code is
> confined to plugins, and a similar gui plugin will suffice to run Leo under
> IronPython.  Indeed, Leo's startup code already runs unchanged under CPython
> and IronPython. I expect minimal changes will be needed to run Leo's core
> under Jython.  And I *am* talking about a single code base: no translator
> needed.

Good for Leo. I'm not being sarcastic. But that doesn't just happen, it
happens because Leo's developers don't insist on using mutually
incompatible CPython and IronPython features or modules, but instead
worked really hard to *make* Leo work with both. They didn't just expect
IronPython code to work unchanged with CPython (or vice versa).

--
Steven.