BDFL in wikipedia

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Feb 21 04:59:58 EST 2007

En Wed, 21 Feb 2007 05:28:30 -0300, Andrew McNamara
<andrewm at object-craft.com.au> escribió:

>> Hi I just hit this page in wikipedia BDFL[1]
>> and it redirected me to Guido's wikipedia[2] entry
>> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BDFL
>
> I suspect, in this case, the redirect is implicit. It's happening
> because the Wikipedia search engine finds no page called BDFL, and the
> Guido_van_Rossum is the next closest match.

No, both BDFL and Benevolent_Dict... have an explicit redirect to Guido's
entry.
It used to be quite different in the past, but the topic has been heavily
discussed and edited.
See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Benevolent_Dictator_for_Life#Concerned_about_accuracy_-_BDs_versus_BDFLs
Guido appears to be the *only* one called BDFL.

--
Gabriel Genellina