"Impure" Python modules

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 09:08:20 EST 2007

James,

In Python extension parlance, it means that the extension was not
written completely in Python. Example include the mySQL module,
wxPython, and one of the openGL modules. All of those have some C/C++
dependencies. I think numpy does too, now that I think about it.

Anyway, I hope that answers your question.

Mike