finding dir of main .py file

ron.longo longorh at npt.nuwc.navy.mil
Tue Dec 11 11:08:43 EST 2007

Is there any way that I can find the path of the main .py file of my
application?

For example, I have an application with some resources which are in a
subdirectory:

     myPythonApp.py
     /resources
         image1
         image2
         etc.

If i just do a call to os.getcwd() I get back the directory I was in when I
typed 'python myPythonApp.py' which could be any directory.  What I want is
the directory that contains the file myPythonApp.py.  Then I can use this
directory to construct the path to the resources directory.

(Actually, the app I'm writing has several subdirectories with stuff that it
needs such as plugins, configuration files, workspaces, etc.

Thanks for the help.

Ron