Is a "real" C-Python possible?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Dec 11 22:45:57 EST 2007

"sturlamolden" <sturlamolden at yahoo.no> wrote in message
news:6c73d2e1-1afb-469b-9132-671e03ffe741 at f3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
| We could include optional static typing in
| Python, and have an optional static optimizing native compiler for
| selected portions of code.

Python 3 will have optional 'type' annotations, where 'type' includes
abstract base classes defined by the interface (methods).  So parameters
could be annotated as a Number or Sequence, for instance, which is more
useful often than any particular concrete type.  I strongly suspect that
someone will use the annotations for compilation, which others will use
them just for documentation and whatever else.

tjr