Suggested Reading

Benoit benoit.barberousse at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 14:45:52 EST 2007

I got myself into programming late in the summer and have dabbled in
python for the most part in that time, recently beginning work on a
music player.  In January, I start my minor in Information
Technology.  I'd like to get ahead a bit, however, and over the break
would like to do some reading. I seek your recommendations in the
field of database design basics and network programming, with a bias
towards texts which specifically address Python.  By network
programming, I mean fundamental understanding of sockets, TCP/UDP,
right up to HTTP serving, etc.  Thanks ahead of time.