TCP reset caused by socket.py

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Wed Dec 12 19:22:32 EST 2007

Object01 wrote:

> Is there something I can look for in the packet traffic that would
> indicate one party is misbehaving?  The sequence numbers seem ok.
> *shrug*  I'd expect to see data sent from server to client and
> then see a sequence of packets that close the connection
> gracefully. Instead I see the server send data to the client and
> then a RST, nothing more.

I'm not sure, without any context. RSTs also seem to be used if a
TCP port is "closed", though from your description it seems that a
connection has been established when those RSTs come in.

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #249:

Unfortunately we have run out of bits/bytes/whatever. Don't worry,
the next supply will be coming next week.