Generating API documentation as a textfile

Jeff McNeil jeff at jmcneil.net
Mon Dec 3 12:41:00 EST 2007

Check out the 'pydoc' script; it ships with Python.   I've got my CI system
rigged up to run pydoc on each commit and automatically generate HTML
documentation.  The tool actually imports a 'pydoc.py' module, which you may
be able to use directly if you need more control over the process.

On top of that, Doxygen might be something worth looking at (but then again,
it very well might be overkill, depending on your requirements).

-Jeff