Choosing a new language

John Thingstad jpthing at online.no
Sat Dec 29 13:22:01 EST 2007

På Sat, 29 Dec 2007 19:16:09 +0100, skrev Joachim Durchholz
<jo at durchholz.org>:

> However, for web applications, I found a far easier variant: I just
> reload the page being debugged. (I have to make sure that the backend is
> in the same state when reloading, but that's usually easy to accomplish.)
> So web pages are one area where code modification during debugging is
> less important.

Haveyou looked at selenium?

I quote:

Selenium is a test tool for web applications. Selenium tests run directly
in a browser, just as real users do. And they run in Internet Explorer,
Mozilla and Firefox on Windows, Linux, and Macintosh. No other test tool
covers such a wide array of platforms.
Browser compatibility testing. Test your application to see if it works
correctly on different browsers and operating systems. The same script can
run on any Selenium platform.
System functional testing. Create regression tests to verify application
functionality and user acceptance.

There is also a Lisp interface cl-selesium though I can't find the code on
the net now.