.NET and Python Integration Problem and PDF Library (Need Help and Suggestions)

Joshua Kugler jkugler at bigfoot.com
Tue Dec 18 14:01:11 EST 2007

Ravi Kumar wrote:
> - your opinion with available PDF Libraries, that are best among. Also
> which library to use for Windows server platform (there is limitation
> on installing long chain libraries that include other deep
> dependencies too). A pure python PDF library would be good, but which
> one.
> -Which XML Library is pure python based.

Never done Python/.NET integration, so I can't help you there.

PDF library: ReportLab. But that is most generation of PDFs.  For reading,
splitting, etc, you may have to look at their commercial offering.  And I
do believe it is all pure python.

XML: ElementTree  http://effbot.org/zone/element-index.htm  Should be all
you need.

Hope that helps some.