"Python" is not a good name, should rename to "Athon"

Russ P. Russ.Paielli at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 18:39:04 EST 2007

On Dec 3, 2:40 pm, "Terry Reedy" <tjre... at udel.edu> wrote:

> Until the OP posted his lastest 'why', I assumed this proposal was an April
> Fools' post that he just could not wait to post.  In fact, given that the
> effective cost would be in  the $millions, I an still not sure he is sanely
> serious.

I doubt you really thought that. I think you just want to make the OP
feel like a fool. Do you feel better now? Where are the sensitivity
police when they are needed?

I find it interesting that someone can claim that Newton was not a
scientist and be taken seriously on this site, but someone who
suggests changing the name of a programming language is ridiculed.
That's ridiculous.