"Python" is not a good name, should rename to "Athon"

Hendrik van Rooyen mail at microcorp.co.za
Tue Dec 4 01:14:34 EST 2007

"Dotan Cohen" <dotan....ail.com> wrote:

> Newton was the bridge between science and superstition. Without him,
> we would not have science. For that he is notable. He is both magician
> and scientist. It was Newton's belief in the occult that led to his
> discovery of gravity: the fact that distant objects could influence
> one another. Even today, science has a hard time accepting that. And
> gravity _still_ has not been incorporated into a theory of everything
> / grand unified theory.

You live in exciting times - google for "surfer dude" and E8 for a paper
that purports to be a theory of everything.  I stumbled across it last week
and downloaded a pdf but true to form I have lost the link.

It was written by A. Garrett Lisi.

Even if his theory pans out, I would oppose changing the language name
to Garrett, or Lisi, on the grounds that John Cleese was funnier.

- Hendrik