Python Trajectory Module?

Mon Dec 31 15:35:27 EST 2007

squishywaffle at gmail.com wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I was wondering if there was a python Module/Library out there that
> handles some trajectory/physics stuff like moving an object along a
> straight path in an X,Y 2D (or 3D) plane or calculating parabolic
> arcs. I'd really settle for just the moving of an object along a
> straight line.
>
> I know it's not terribly difficult to implement this on your own, but
> I'd rather not re-invent the wheel if someone else already did a good
> job of it the first time.
>
> Thanks!

If you combine the advice of Diez B. Roggish and Paul McGuire:
Download and install VPython.
Download and install PyODE.
Get and run VPython Contributed program:
    http://www.vpython.org/contributed/visualjoints.py
which shows a weight on a hinge with another attached to the ball;
quite believable dynamics.  Although the code is really not
carefully written, looking at it may give you a sense of how
little work you'll have to do to get some physics action going.