Is a "real" C-Python possible?

sturlamolden sturlamolden at yahoo.no
Mon Dec 10 18:25:24 EST 2007

On 9 Des, 23:34, Christian Heimes <li... at cheimes.de> wrote:

> >http://antoniocangiano.com/2007/11/28/holy-shmoly-ruby-19-smokes-pyth...
>
> The Ruby developers are allowed to be proud. They were able to optimize
> some aspects of the implementation to get one algorithm about 14 times
> faster. That's good work. But why was it so slow in the first place?

The thing to notice here is that Congiano spent 31.5 seconds computing
36 Fibonacci numbers in Python and 11.9 seconds doing the same in
Ruby. Those numbers are ridiculous! The only thing they prove is that
Congiano should not be programming computers. Anyone getting such
results should take a serious look at their algoritm instead of
blaming the language. I don't care if it takes 31.5 seconds to compute
36 Fibonacci numbers in Python 2.5.1 with the dumbest possible
algorithm.