Problem untaring python2.5

Florian Diesch diesch at spamfence.net
Thu Dec 20 07:27:11 EST 2007

abhishek <guptaabhishek1983 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone , i am not able to untar python 2.5 source code using "
> tar -xvzf " . Is it a problem with my system settings or python 2.5
> itself.
>
> When i tried to do it it resulted in following errors --
>
> tar: Skipping to next header
> Python-2.5/Mac/Resources/app/Resources/English.lproj/Documentation/ide/
> new_window_made.gif
> tar: Python-2.5/Mac/Resources/app/Resources/English.lproj/
> Documentation/ide/new_window_made.gif: Cannot open: No such file or
> directory

tar can't write the unpacked files because the directory they belong to
doesn't exist. Most likely that's because tar can't create the
directory either.

Do you have write permission for the directory where you want to unpack
to? Can you create the directory Python-2.5 by hand ("mkdir Python-2.5")?

   Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>