Problem untaring python2.5

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Thu Dec 20 06:43:05 EST 2007

On Dec 20, 5:25 pm, abhishek <guptaabhishek1... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 19, 12:16 pm, samuel.pro... at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > It is not possible to give sharp hints without more relevant
> > information like:
> > - What is your platform?
> > - Which version of python?
> > - What is the version of: $tar--version (GNUtar, other proprietarytar, according to my personal experience, AIXtarmay fail)
> > - Is your disk full or do you have the correct permissions with your
> > current user?
>
> > ++
>
> > Sam
>
> Hi Sam ,
> I am using windows server 2003, python2.5.1 and version 1.16 of tar
>
> and as per disk full issues i dont think that my systems hard disk is
> full

You didn't answer the question about permissions. You may need to log
on as an admin.

If those /Mac/..... files are the only ones that untar complained
about and it unpacked all the other files, then AFAIK you don't have a
problem -- that stuff is Macintosh-specific.

Otherwise I suggest you try another means of unpacking the archive. I
have downloaded the tgz file and unpacked it successfully with 7zip
(http://www.7-zip.org/) -- it should hack the tar.bz2 file also.

HTH,
John