Is anyone happy with csv module?

massimo s. devicerandom at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 14:14:29 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm struggling to use the python in-built csv module, and I must say
I'm less than satisfied. Apart from being rather poorly documented, I
find it especially cumbersome to use, and also rather limited. What I
dislike more is that it seems working by *rows* instead than by
*columns*.

So I have some questions:
1) Is there a good tutorial, example collection etc. on the csv module
that I'm missing?
2) Is there an alternative csv read/write module?
3) In case anyone else is as unhappy as me, and no tutorial etc.
enlighten us, and no alternative is present, anyone is interested in
an alternative csv module? I'd like to write one if it is the case.

Thanks,
Massimo