Any simpler way to do this

Fri Dec 7 17:26:07 EST 2007

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 09:37:22 +0100, Lars Johansen wrote:

> I have a function that looks like this:
>
> def Chooser(color):
>
>         if color == "RED":
>                 x = term.RED
[snip]

> Wouldn there been easier if I could just skip all the "*if's" and just
> "return term.color", however this gives a syntax error, are there any
> clever way to do this ?

Others have answered the immediate question, but I'm kind of surprised
that nobody seems to have noticed that Lars is reporting a syntax error
instead of an attribute error.

I suspect that Lars is actually misreporting the error he gets. That's
probably not a good habit to get into :)

--
Steven