"Python" is not a good name, should rename to "Athon"

David H Wild dhwild at talktalk.net
Sat Dec 1 05:41:04 EST 2007

In article <5rbsbjF141qg2U1 at mid.individual.net>,
   greg <greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> Not necessarily. A python is a sleek and powerful
> creature, which are good associations for a programming
> language. The word also hints at a bit of danger and
> excitement. On the whole, I think it's a good name.

I remember reading an interview with a young woman who danced with a python
across her shoulders and down her arms. The interviewer asked if she was
afraid when she danced. She replied that she was afraid that the python
would go to sleep if she didn't keep him moving.

--
David Wild using RISC OS on broadband
www.davidhwild.me.uk