Is Python really a scripting language?

Doug Morse morse at edoug.org
Wed Dec 12 20:24:35 EST 2007

although perhaps not a part of the definition of scripting languages per se,
one aspect of them is that they are often used to "glue" a wide variety of
other components together.  perl's initial and continued success is in no
small part to all the wrappers and interfaces it has to all sorts of other
software components and applications.  part of python's utility, IMHO, is the
ease with which it can be used, like perl, to glue together a lot of disparate
parts.